The proposal will improve:
- Your library: services and collections centred in the iconic Rad Cam. Borrow from Lower Camera.
- Your time: 24 extra hours per week, and all day Saturday and Sunday opening. > more
- Your convenience: Access on a single site to all history collections. > more
- Your books, journals and databases: More funding for books, journals, and databases.
- Your space: More desks and varied spaces > more
- Your library support team: Better and more specialist support for historians offered by re-grouped HFL staff into the History Information Services Team
- agreed consolidation of Humanities libraries into fewer sites as a long-term strategic aim;
- continuing aspirations for service improvement set against pressure on finances;
- the likely delay in development of the main Humanities facility at the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter for some years;
- the threat of extremely disruptive building works when a lift is installed in the Old Indian Institute (OII) building in 2012/13 and associated significant and permanent loss of shelf, reader and support space;
- ability to fully fund the move and improvements to working environments.
Image credit: HFL