UPDATE: We now have access here in Oxford until the end of March using the following link: https://www.proquest.com/trials/trialSummary.action?view=subject&trialBean.token=IUZK8J9FV2FXZNI52RYR
Access the full text archives of the following titles:
- Atlanta Daily World, 1931-2003
- The Baltimore Afro-American, 1893-1988
- Chicago Defender, 1910-1975 (Note, we have permanent access to this title)
- Cleveland Call and Post, 1934-1991
- Los Angeles Sentinel, 1934-2005
- New York Amsterdam News, 1922-1993 (Note, we have permanent access to this title)
- Norfolk Journal and Guide, 1921-2003
- Philadelphia Tribune, 1912-2001
- Pittsburgh Courier, 1911-2002 (Note, we have permanent access to this title)
Black Studies Center
A fully cross-searchable gateway to Black Studies including scholarly essays, recent periodicals, historical newspaper articles, reference books, and much more. It combines essential resources for research and teaching in Black Studies, including The Schomburg Studies on the Black Experience, Index to Black Periodicals Full Text, Black Literature Index, and the Chicago Defender historical newspaper from 1912-1975.
Civil War Era
Comprehensive full-image primary source materials, previously unavailable digitally, cover a vast range of topics including the formative economic factors and other forces that led to the abolitionist movement and the emancipation of nearly 4 million slaves.
African American Heritage
Groundbreaking digital resource that not only brings together records critical to African American family research, but also connects to a community of research experts.